2011-12-12

Christmas Cookies

Guess what I was baking the other day. Christmas Cookies!

I absolutely love Christmas time. There's just something so wonderful about the smell of fresh backed cookies and pine needles in the house.

These are possibly my all time favorite cookies! And really easy to make.

I have to admit that there were more of them but they were gone by the time I thought that I should take a picture...

The Recipe is super simple and is basically the Basic Vanilla Cookie Dough from Martha Stewart.

Then I used a round cookie cutter, make sure you get an even number of circles, since I had one left in the end ;)

Take a smaller round cookie cutter, or if you don't have one (like me) take anything that you think might make a good cookie cutter really (mine ended up being a funnel) and make a hole in every second cookie.

Bake, wait for them to cool and then comes the fun part: Spread an even layer of, in my case raspberry, jam onto the cookies without holes and press those with holes on top of them. Let them sit for a bit and then sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment